Thursday, November 14, 2013

Will Study for Food

My plan is to attend Allan Hancock College first and then maybe transfer to a four year university such as California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo or California State University, Northridge. I have visited CSUN two or three times with one of them being the time my middle school hosted the graduation ceremony in one of the auditoriums. I have not visisted CP SLO but from the pictures it looks pretty nice and swell. My only concern is that I have heard that California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo is a little racist toward other races, not be full American. I  know for a fact that CSU, Northridge is more diverse with their students and their ethnic backgrounds.  

My two main majors that I want to pursue are a Business Management and an Environmental Engineering degree, specifically designing  and building new ways to produce renewable resources so we no longer have to use fossil fuels. This includes not using coal to generate electricity. My overall pinnacle goal is to completely erase the use for fossil fuels even for objects that claim to be environmentally stable. Environmental stabilty/sustainabilty/ friendly all mean emitting very little or no greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.    

My only knowledge of the two schools is that Cal Poly San Luis Obispo is a very hard school to get into. on the other hand, CSUN seems like a more affordable choice considering that I know more about that school and that I know more of where that school is located. 

No comments:

Post a Comment